Saturday, December 13, 2014

Wreaths Across America

 
 

Today, across America, wreaths were placed at the gravesites of the men and women who served our country. Not knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance and of the beautiful ceremony. 

Above is the grave marker for my paternal grandfather's brother George Wildasin, who served in World War I.  As I walked across the grounds of the Mount Olivet Cemetery back to my car, I stopped to place wreaths, exchanged conversations with several people, and to look at the grave markers for a man who fought in the Revolutionary War and one of a Confederate Soldier.  I cannot describe the feelings that I experienced. 

Next year, I hope to be able to participate again.  I hope at least one or several of you may do the same. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.