Friday, June 17, 2011

Am I a romantic ?

Posting to my blog has taken the back seat to my computer activity.  In my spare time, I have been entering lots of research about my husband's family tree, the Staub Family Tree. 

In 1985, a wonderful lady, Jean L. Staub, compiled her research into a book.  This book was shared with a select contributing family members.  Jean deserves so much credit for her tedious work!

In typing the names into my database, I am falling in love with all the old-time names.  For instance, Kathleen Anastasia, Nadine, Aloysius, Leo.  I, too, was named after my grandmother and probably many grandmothers past.  For a very long time, I thought that my name, Mary Kathryn, was not very unique.  I have now changed my mind and thank my father for naming me, even if he had gone behind my mother's back in doing so.  I bet they had a small argument over this. 

Now back to my database.  Happy research, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts here.